guest speaker mark wellman
- makes magazines and is translating his magazine online to make it better
- he used to make a living producing music. He actually survived on making music
- he also plans on creating a new band using a bunch of other baby boomers who can still play.
- He also plans to name the band geriatric rage
- he study engineering
- he played in a band during college
- and then he learned to do audio music to make money
- when he stop playing music he moved on to a full time advertising company
- he worked for stephan king. The stephan king. Apparently he owned a bunch of radio stations and he worked at one of them
- he left the am station because fm was rising up and being better. And his station was not switching
- he advertised for stephan king. He sold things for him and made people believe that stephan king was making a good radio station
- he recorded books for stephan king
- he started making magazines because it was popular
- people thought he was crazy
- he got into magazines to get out of advertising
- he had great editorial integrity
- he learned that he was not going to make money with bangor metro
- maine ahead is special! Yah!!!
- with in the mag he has very important people being talked to. People in madison maine grows tomatoes
- he sends his mag to very important people to try to influence ideas
- he is doing what everyone tries to do. He is trying to leave a legacy for his children.
- Prefers analog over digital
- print is not dead
- calls maine ahead a businessmen and executive magazine
- because he grew up with analog he prefers it. But he really sees no difference between digital and analog
- he advocates for the magazine but he has his own editors that make the magazine
- he had a part called private tour that shows the readers what happens in factorizes
- his mission is to improve maine’s social and economic prosperity
- persistence and determination and honest and accountable. Traits that will help you will succeed in your field
This was a very interesting speech because Mark has had a very diverse back round. He’s worked with Stephan King and he had interviewed a massive amount of very influential people. Mark seems like he really understands what it takes to succeed in our society. His ideas toward integrity and honesty struck a cord because I understood that he was being totally truthful. I respect that he was honestly admitting what he thought would be most effective to succeed. He seemed like he was a little bit behind the times because he was raised with analog, he prefers it but that did not really bother me. I think his most important message was that with determination, anyone can succeed.